Search our online catalog
Frequently Asked Questions
What is my password?
Your password is the last four digits of your library card number. You can change your password in the online catalog. To change your password:
- Choose My Account, then My Record.
- Log in with your barcode and original password.
- Choose Change Logon.
- Check the box next to Change Password
- Enter your original password, then your new password.
- Click Save
What if I forget my password?
We cannot see what your password is, but we can reset it for you. Just talk to an AO Librarian.
Do I have to go to your website if I want to search the catalog?
No, you can bookmark our online catalog in order to go there directly.
Do I have to log in to the online catalog with my barcode?
You do not need to be logged into our catalog to search for materials. However, to view your account, you must log in with your barcode– unless you set up a username.
- Go to My Account, and log in with your barcode and password.
- Be sure you’re on the My Record page and click Change logon.
- Check the box next to Change Username and create a unique name.
- Click Save.
How do I see items only at AO Libraries?
You should see a drop-down menu that says Limit By. Choose My Library, then Go.
How can I change my contact information?
- Log in to your account. Be sure you’re on the My Record page.
- Click Contact Information and Preferences. It’s the second blue bar.
- Enter your correct phone number or email address. If you’d like texts sent to your phone when you overdue items or a hold arrives, select the carrier and be sure you click the circle next to Send TXT to this number.
- If you need to change your address, you’ll need to come to either library. We need to verify that you still live within our district.